This keto cauliflower rice goes perfectly with your next keto curry. Prepped in under 3 minutes this Indian cauliflower rice is easy so you can keep your cooking casual. Vegan keto doesn’t have to be hard. The warm spices and fragrant herbs make this the coziest keto rice out there. Dairy-free and gluten-free make this quick dish vegan, paleo, keto, low carb, and whole30-friendly.
- This Indian cauliflower rice is beyond quick to throw together with under 3 minutes of prep, we’ll let the oven do the rest of the work.
- The blend of earthy Indian spices makes this keto rice warm and cozy.
- This recipe is dairy-free, gluten-free, vegan, keto, paleo, low carb, and whole30-friendly.
What makes this recipe lazy?
Not only are we buying pre-riced cauliflower but we’re also not hanging out at the stove. By roasted cauliflower rice we’re practically off the hook to even cook in the first place.
Mix in oil, salt, and spices into store-bought cauliflower rice and let the oven do the heavy lifting! Smooth sailing from here.
Why is this Indian cauliflower rice so good?
The first time I made this vegan keto Indian cauliflower rice was on my thrift store George Foreman Grill. Don’t be confused it’s a bold move to use the Foreman like a skillet. But here’s my point. I was blown away after the first bite. DUDE. My jaw was on the floor!
The blend of cumin, coriander, and turmeric took what I would consider a very toned down food (cauliflower) and made it so warm and cozy. I was speechless!
Now we’re going to take it up a notch. Roasting cauliflower rice in the oven will caramelize the edges and bring a whole other dimension to what this low carb rice could truly be. Plus, it’s a hands-free way to cook!
Where to buy cauliflower rice?
Because I think you’re lazy like me, you may want to buy pre-rice cauliflower. Trader Joes has cheap options.
No trader joes near you? You can quickly pulse raw cauliflower florets in a food processor until it’s in looks like rice. Homemade cauliflower rice is likely the cheapest way to go. Plus if you rice a huge cauliflower, then you’ll have cauliflower rice for days!
I have been known to use frozen cauliflower rice because I was too lazy to hike my way to traders joes. It works great, but raw cauliflower rice will taste even better than using frozen. But you’ve got options!
How to make Indian cauliflower rice
- Pour cauliflower rice into a bowl
- Mix with oil, spices, and salt
- Add a couple of frozen peas to keep it real (optional)
- Spread on a lined baking sheet
- Bake at 350 for 20-40 minutes depending on how toasted you prefer
Ways to serve cauliflower rice
- Make a simple vegan keto coconut curry with cabbage and summer squash
- Stuff Indian cauliflower rice in a vegan keto flax wrap
- Serve alongside a simple Indian soup
- Top a plate of green with Indian cauliflower rice
- Serve with roasted cabbage & tofu
Make this your own
- Heat oil and pop mustard seed and cumin seed to infuse the oil
- Add roasted veggies to the Indian rice
- Drizzle an amazing chutney over your Indian cauliflower rice plate
- Serve with vegan keto flax wraps in place of naan
- Make this spicy! Throw in some fresh peppers or a dash of cayenne
- Depending on how toasted you like your cauliflower rice that will change the cooking time. I love mine roasted crazy dark, and I should be embarrassed.
- Everyone has their preferences with Indian spices. Feel free to go heavy handed or use a light sprinkling. I find the more spices I use, the more salt is needed.
- Add cilantro to the final products. It will make this so fresh and will balance out the coziness of the dish.
Need more vegan keto recipes?
- 4 Vegan Keto Recipes – Pizza, Cinnamon Toast Cereal, Noodles, Buddha Bowl
- 4 More Vegan Keto Recipes – Stuff Mushrooms, Wraps, Soup, Tofu & Cabbage
- 3 Vegan Keto Cookie Sandwiches (Cream Filled & Gluten-Free)
- 6 Homemade Dairy-Free Coffee Creamers (Keto, Vegan, Whole30, Paleo)
- 3 Vegan Keto Flax Hacks – Wraps, Oatmeal, Crackers
cauliflower rice (fill your bowl to see how much you need)
1- 2 tablespoons oil
1/2 teaspoon (or more) turmeric
1/2 teaspoon (or more) coriander powder
1/2 teaspoon (or more) cumin powder
salt to taste
a couple of frozen peas (optional)
garnish with cilantro
- Mix cauliflower with oil, spices, and salt. Taste and see if you need more spices or salt.
- Mix in frozen peas (optional)
- Spread mixture on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-40 minutes depending on how toasted you want the cauliflower rice to be.
- Serve with cilantro garnish.
Cook time varies depending on your preference. If you’re unsure about super toasted cauliflower, then pull out your cauliflower from the oven once heated. Plate your food but put a little sample portion back in the oven till lightly golden. Toasted cauliflower might blow your mind!
Store in the fridge for up to 4 days.