I 100% thought these recipes were going to bland or maybe even gross. Let me tell you these recipes will impress your non-keto friends and family (as long as they have hippie taste buds).
Vegan Flax Wraps – 3g net Carbs
My didn’t come out perfectly but dang these are good! Spread some almond cream cheese on these and you will be shocked. I accidentally used the wrong water to flax ratio. There for my flax tortillas didn’t come out flawless. The recipe makes 4 and only the 4th one came out. I’m guessing this has to do with the fact that I used too much water by accident. I have the original recipe below. Proper measurements are listed. I wonder if my 4th try worked out was because the mixture had longer to gel up.
1 Flax Tortilla (1/4 of recipe): 170 calories, 6g protein, 12g fat, 10g carbs, 7g fiber, 3 net carbs
1 cup flax meal, 2/3 cup water, salt and any spices (I filled with chive almond cream cheese and spinach)
- Boil water, mix in flax meal, salt and spices
- Remove from heat and mix mixture thoroughly
- Let cool for a few minutes
- Divide into 4 pieces and roll super thin between 2 sheets of parchment paper
- Grill in skillet on high heat. Grill each side until the flax tortilla changes from looking wet to drier. Maybe a minute or two. ENJOY
Inspired by Nutrition Refined
Vegan Keto Oatmeal – Grain Free – 11g net Carbs
The carb count includes all the toppings so feel free to limit the extra goodies if you’d like this to be even lower carb. This recipe I also thought would be bland or maybe even not good. Dude this was SOOOO good. So filling and comforting. This is the vegan keto breakfast of your dreams!
Whole recipes including toppings: 723 calories, 59g fat, 24g protein, 30g carbs, 19g fiber, 11g net carbs
1 cup almond milk, 1/4 cup hemp seed, 1/4 cup flax meal, 1 TB chia seed, 1 TB coconut flour, 1 TB sweetener (I used powdered swerve), 1 TB coconut oil, dash vanilla extract & cinnamon powder + toppings (25g raspberries, 4g sliced almonds, 2.5g cacao nibs, 3g coconut flakes)
- Mix everything (not the toppings) in a bowl. Microwave 2 minutes and mix again.
- Add toppings. ENJOY
Inspired by Jacqueline Wheeler
2 Ingredient Flax Meal Crackers – 11g carbs
I actually love flax crackers. I’ve made flax crackers more with seeds. This might have been my first time making the crackers with flax meal. All you need is 2 part flax meal and 1 part water. Any salt and spices are up to you! Wow this are high in protein!
Whole batch of crackers: 622 calories, 43g fat, 22g protein, 36g carbs, 25g fiber, 11g net carbs
1 cup flax meal (110g), 1/2 cup water, salt & spices
- Mix water and flax meal into a paste (add spices & salt now or on top)
- Roll as thin as you can between 2 sheets of parchment paper
- Score lines in the dough
- Bake 280 degrees (or as close to this low temperature as you can) for 2 hours and flip half way through. Bake longer or shorter depending on how thick your crackers are. These are done once crispy. ENJOY